Any day spent on the water is better than a day at work, and a good piece of paddling gear can make it even better. Whether for a few hours or a couple of weeks, practical, functional, and well-designed kayaking or camping equipment can help you make the most of your precious paddling time.
All the products reviewed here come from my own personal kit, and I try to do as much field-testing (read “touring”) as possible. Some items I’ve been using for years, and I’m continually adding new ones.
If you appreciate and value these product reviews, and decide to buy something you see here, please consider supporting my efforts by purchasing through the “Buy Here” link found on each page. If you purchase a product or service linked to from this site, I may receive an “affiliate commission.”
Kayaking Equipment Reviews
- PaddleCam paddle-shaft camera mount
- Werner Ikelos carbon touring paddle
- Cascade Designs Seal Line map case
- Joby GorillaPod HYBRID photo tripod
Camping Equipment Reviews
- Big Agnes Insulated Air Core sleeping pad
- Cocoon Coolmax MummyLiner sleeping bag liner
- Eagle’s Nest Outfitters DoubleNest hammock